March 22, 2013

Party Foul #1: Missing Audio

So this week in our Intro to Video Production class, our one minute movies were unveiled. I was really excited to show the class what my partner and I had worked on...until I find out that when it was exported to a Quicktime file, there was no sound!

Even though our movies were not supposed to have dialogue or music, we still needed to record diegetic sounds. I was mortified when there was no sound coming from the speaker.

One thing I realized, though, was that when we were recording sound and editing in Final Cut Pro, sound was coming out of only one side of the headphones. I didn't pay much attention to it, but now I know that even if there's a slight problem, I should try to fix it.

So the lesson I learned is "don't assume everything is going smoothly" and "double check everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment